The CREST-Jane Goodall Science Symposium is an annual event celebrating student inquiry, exploration and service in our district. The day-long judging event is scheduled to take place in-person at West Linn High School. The symposium, which the community is invited to attend, features several great events in one spectacular science showcase: a regional high school ISEF exposition, a presentation from a distinguished scientist, and primary/middle school science fairs. Each year we host a distinguished scientist who is our guest for the day, delivering the evening’s keynote address. We will be announcing the name of this year’s keynote speaker in January.
The goals of the Symposium are:
- To provide opportunities for our talented students to compete internationally & be recognized for their achievements in science, math & related fields.
- To create opportunities for scholarships.
- To engage students in dialogue with practicing scientists.
- To encourage our students to embrace math and science as career goals.
- To enrich our business community with high achieving students focused on math & science.
High School Judging Schedule: 9am – 4pm, Monday, February 28th, 2022
High School Symposium and Award Ceremony: Tuesday, March 1st, 2022
Middle School Judging Schedule: 9am – 4pm, Monday, February 28th, 2022
Middle School Award Ceremony: Friday March 4th, 2022
All questions can be directed to Judge Coordinator, Ellen Haugh, email@example.com.